Sunday, October 11, 2009

The great outdoors

We took Lydia on her first hike last Saturday and she did so well! Thanks to one of those baby carriers, not only did Lydia get to come along with Derek, myself and my mom on the Chuckwalla Trail in St. George, Derek got a tiny glimpse of what it feels like to be pregnant. Actually, I don't think it feels anything like the real thing, but it was nice to have him toting her weight around on his belly instead of in mine :)
I'm so grateful that Lydia seems up to these kinds of adventures since Derek and I plan to take her on more similar outings in the future.

Family fun!

What is going on?


Water break with Mom and Grandma.



The colors of fall

Another outdoorsy outing took place a couple of weeks ago when I treated Lydia to a view of Cedar City's fall leaves while on a drive with my brother, Kevin. Actually, Lydia slept through nearly the entire experience, but I sure enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells of fall! It's the time of year I usually feel nostalgic for my former home. Nothing beats St. George spring, but I love Cedar City fall!

A stop at the family cabin.

Enjoying the great outdoors.

3 comments:

Mike and Katie

i love all the pictures of her in her little bed/car seat thingy...way cute...you could put them together in a book on shutterfly.com and call it liek "Lydia's Travels" :-)

Laura

Lisa!! Hey...sorry I have been meaning to send you my email so I can get yours...you need to check out our blog! Hope you are doing well...Miss Lydia is adorable! See you soon...XOXO
laurabharris@gmail.com

APRIL DAVIS

I actually laughed out loud at the last picture because it is so true! They get too see all these great things from their carseat...