Sunday, November 1, 2009

Big news!

This little girl...


...rolled over today!

(Unfortunately these pictures were not during the actual event. I didn't have the camera handy.)

To me, this is more than just the first in a long line of firsts for Lydia. It felt a little like a personalized gift. I'll explain.

I've been feeling sad about going back to work (post coming on that reality soon) and I started worrying that I was going to miss out on some of her important life milestones, such as rolling over for the first time. Well, I go back to work tomorrow, and wouldn't you know it -- this little sweetheart rolled over for me today! I wasn't even expecting it. I actually didn't know they rolled over yet at this age. She must be really advanced :) We were playing on the floor in her room and I put her on her stomach for some "tummy time". She is not usually a fan of this time and tends to fuss a little until I turn her over. But today I watched as she pushed herself up onto her side, teetering in mid roll for a while and I wondered if she'd make it to her back or wind up on her stomach again. Then, she completed the roll to her back. I called for Derek, who came running, but sadly missed the big event. We've been trying to get her to repeat the trick but so far she's holding out on Dad.
I'm just glad she did this today and not tomorrow while I'm at work. It made my day. Thanks little girl!

PS - Since my initial posting of this, she's rolled over a second time. Once again, Derek barely missed it! Sad!

0 comments: