Some commute!
Actually, it was all part of a story I went on to interview this man about his INSANE houseboat at Lake Powell. (A story and pictures of the boat will be available in print and online May 1.) In order to expedite our excursion, he offered to fly myself and my photographer there. This man actually owns two helicopters as well and, I have to admit, I was really hoping we would fly down in one of those since I've ridden in a private plane before but I really want to add helicopter to my "been there done that list." Plus, this houseboat has a helicopter landing pad on its roof, so that would have been a really cool experience! Still, this plane was nothing to sneer at with seating for six (pilot plus five) and fancy special headsets with a microphone and XM radio pumped in. I settled in against the leather seats and took in the breathtaking views of Zion National Park and more as we made our way to Lake Powell where his boat is located.
Just another reason why I like my job.
At the St. George airport (the rich people's special private section) prior to take off.
A look inside the plane.
Me, ready for take off.
4 comments:
that is awesome...that is definitely something that not everyone gets to do.
haha that is way cool! I guess you do what ya got to do right;)
Now that's deffinately the way to get to work!! I can't wait to see pics of the houseboat, hard to image one that big enough to land a helicopter on top. Way fun!!
HOLY COW! That is AWESOME! Can't wait to read all about it! :)
Post a Comment