When I'm 58 I hope I'm in good enough shape to want to hike 14.5 miles along the West Rim of Zion National Park to celebrate, which is exactly what we did on Saturday to mark my mother's 58th.

Derek and I went with my mom, led by our favorite hiking guide: Derek's father, Kurtis. The views were incredible and we couldn't have picked a nicer day. I think fall is the best time to take this hike because along with Zion's smorgasbord of geological wonders, we had the beautiful fall leaves too.




Kurtis brought along a frosted sugar cookie, a candle and a lighter so my mom even had some birthday "cake" on the hike. How thoughtful!

Looking down on Angel's Landing.


Happy birthday Mom!
2 comments:
Wow! That is amazing! Artis, you are such a cool mom. Happy Birthday!
I've done that hike - it is awesome! Happy Birthday Aunt Artis - what a wonderful way to celebrate!! Our family loves hiking too.
Post a Comment