Friday, January 24, 2014

Josh Groban {Oct. 11-12, 2013}

Happy belated anniversary to US! 
Although our 8 year anniversary was back in May, we waited to celebrate with Josh Groban in October. 

It was an absolutely FABULOUS trip. We left both kids overnight (for the first time since Connor's birth) with Grandma and Grandpa Grady and headed to Salt Lake City for two nights of fun. 

The concert was so incredible. I'm such a Groban fan! Plus, we ran into my cousin, Anthon Petty, and his wife Melissa. Nothing can describe how liberating it was when they asked us if we wanted to hook up after the concert for dessert that I didn't have to think about a babysitter or worry we were staying out too late. I haven't felt that carefree in years!



Have I mentioned how much I love this man? Here's to the past 8 years and looking forward to many, many more.





The next day we slept in -- and I mean seriously slept in! I am almost embarrassed to admit how late it was. But, hey, we were making up for four years of not sleeping in, right? 
We spent the rest of the day shopping at the City Creek Center. I decided (again) how awesome my husband is. Not many husbands are willing to go from store to store with their wife, but to be the one encouraging such behavior -- and spending -- well, it was remarkable to say the least :) 


Meanwhile...
The kids had a wonderful time with their grandparents. They got to be part of the SUU Homecoming Parade with my mom and spent lots of time playing with my parents. Thank you, thank you, Mom and Dad!