According to several friends and even my own husband, my duty as a pregnant woman not only includes living a healthy lifestyle in order to carry this child to a healthy post-utero beginning but it also requires that I document the changes my body -- namely my ever-expanding mid-section -- via photographs taken at regular intervals in a relatively similar pose.
How was I to know? No one ever told me until a few days ago that this decree existed, but I have to admit, it makes a lot of sense. For one who enjoys documenting things photographically, I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of it. When I mentioned it to Derek he said he just assumed I was already doing this (though I'm not sure who he thought I was having take the pictures).
So, to those in the future wishing to document my baby's earliest moments, please accept my apologies and allow this post to serve as a new beginning. I've yet to determine what the "regular intervals" of photography will be, every couple of weeks I suppose. But here, as I begin the 24th week of my pregnancy, is the first such photo shoot.


So far a lot of my regular clothes are still fitting (thanks to some pre-pregnancy weight loss) but a few pair of pants are starting to feel a little tight. It won't be long before I will have to head for the maternity department at Target. I'm actually not sure how to shop for maternity clothes. Do you just find your usual size and its the same except for a larger middle? Any helpful hints here would be appreciated.
6 comments:
Yes, everything is supposed to be the same size you were pre-pregnancy. I, however, always have to go up a shirt size in the middle and then, at the very end, I go up one pant size and yet another shirt size (making it two above my normal wear). I would think if you're buying shirts for later in pregnancy, you're not going to regret getting something a size larger (although it IS painful when you're huge and feeling like you are still wearing a mumu (sp?)) because if the shirt is too small (like many of the shirts in my closet currently) they pucker at the bottom, making anyone shorter than your belly able to see up your shirt (as far as the belly allows).
Oh my gosh!! I hadn't heard that you were prego!! Congratulations! and a girls, even better!! We here at the Blair house love girls, we're a little biased though.:) Usually go for the same size in maternity clothes. I always try things on and have even found that you can sport non-maternity clothes if you go up a size, just make sure to still try it on!!
Lis--
I'm totally dying that you are not in maternity clothes yet! That's absolutely impressive. I'm still wearing some of my sweats and comfies from pre-preg but levis, capris etc. ummm, yah those are full blown materns! And hating them! Can I just say how painful maternity clothes are for me? I hate it particularly in the 3rd tri when I have to go up in size because the pregnancy is not only showing in my abdominal region but all around the bod in general, particularly trickling down into the hips and thighs...yah, that's a fun time and an especially great feeling for the old self-esteem. Oh the things we do to get these babies here!!! They are worth it though...they totally are! You look fabulous! I miss you. loves, jes
I swear I just wore that same dress yesterday and I looked like that and I'm not even pregnant! :)
You look amazing Lisa! I was just saying to Kevin the other day that you don't look pregnant in any of your pictures and even in these "preggie pics" you are barely showing. Seriously, you look great!
You're so funny Lisa - and you look great, those first little baby bump pictures are so fun!
Post a Comment