Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Like a bowl full of jelly

I suppose it could be my imagination, after all it seems a little early for an alien-esque experience, but today I was just sitting at my desk, enjoying the feeling of our little daughter squirming around in my stomach when I looked down in time to see my belly give an involuntary shudder.
Did I see correctly?
I immediately started to laugh, which must have made her want to move again because it happened a second time.
Shudder.
I laughed right out loud until my editor turned to see what I was finding so funny. Not being pregnant herself, she found my gleeful explanation, "My stomach just moved!" only moderately entertaining and went back to her work. I'm actually not sure why I thought it was so funny, but it was!
But maybe it was my imagination. Is it possible to see this so soon? Well, it's not SO soon, I suppose. I am in my 25th week.
Regardless of whether it was visible on the outside or not, this little girl has been in full squirming mode today. Must be all the excitement from having her excellent heartbeat on display this morning at our doctor's appointment. Or maybe it's because her momma is feeling a little bit of anxiety today (when am I not these days?) combined with a healthy dose of sugar. I don't know what it is, but seeing the involuntary movement of my own stomach was pretty cool!

4 comments:

Amber Blair

It only gets more fun as they get bigger and more cramped and you get a foot or elbow going up your side that just tickles. Never knew we could be ticklish on the inside too. I would have to say that boys just miss out on that part because it feels so different on the inside. We're so lucky!!

Artis

A long time ago, but I still remember sitting and just watching and wondering where/when something was going to poke out next. And the bigger she gets......... well, you can only imagine.

Emily Petty

It's so fun when the baby moves!

Emma

Oh I am so glad you get to experience this! Feeling baby move is the best feeling in the world. Moving means they are happy and healthy so when she has her foot stuck in your rib cage & doing the Lord of the Dance on your bladder.. just be happy she is moving!

And then you'll birth this little tiny person who just lies around drunk on milk & wonder how she ever moved so much in your belly...