Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cabin time!



There is no better time than July to get out of St. George and head for the hills: to higher altitudes and cooler air.
Once again we kept our little Larson family tradition of spending several days at my family's cabin and we loved it!
Over the years our cabin time has evolved from endless relaxation, reading and sleeping in (pre-Lydia) to thoroughly enjoying watching her explore nature and reliving my own childhood cabin memories through her... and squeezing in some reading and relaxing after she goes to bed.

This trip included:

* Lydia's first experience playing the marble game (a lasting favorite in my family)



* Throwing rocks in the creek


* Hiking as a family


The perfect size hiking stick for Lydia :)


* Sleeping in a big girl bed!

* Staying in PJs most/all day

* Taking cabin naps (which are somehow better than regular naps)
Here's Lydia waking me from mine. No, she did not sleep in there with me.


* And eating lots of yummy things. There's no picture... but trust me... we ate :)

When I wasn't enjoying all the aforementioned activities and basking in family time I was glued to my books. I finished two during the trip. One for my book club (I joined a book club and I'm really excited about it!) and another book just because I had time.
I love the cabin life!

2 comments:

Andrea and Greg

So jealous!!! I've made it back to the cabin twice in the last 20 years. There are so many fun memories there, I wish we could visit more often! Glad it's part of your family traditions; it looked like so much fun!
~Andrea

Jill

Oh cute LIsa! Your comment made me laugh!! I'm so glad you decided to "confess" and come out of the shadows! What a sweet compliment to know you enjoy reading my blog :) I hope you will continue to {and even comment from time to time} you know, now that you are no longer a stalker! HA!

Your family is beautiful! That little Lydia is a doll :)

So happy to hear from you...

p.s. how do you know nick + paige? just curious.