Last week for Cub Scout pack meeting they were having a water softball game that included a slip 'n' slide. Since Lydia has shown absolutely no interest in playing on the slip 'n' slide at play group on multiple occasions, I assumed she would not be getting wet at this activity and therefore we came with no swimwear and no towel.
Naturally this would be the time she wanted to get adventurous and slide.
She had a great time! And was soaked head to toe in her clothes and her now 20-pound non-swim diaper. No big deal, I thought, since the weather was still pushing 100 degrees at 7:30 p.m. But all too soon I had a teeth chattering shivering little girl on my hands and nothing to wrap her in.
Fortunately I had a T-shirt on under my required den leader scout shirt, so we ended up with this.
Motherhood... isn't it about improvising?
0 comments:
Post a Comment